Sunday, March 11, 2007

Strawberry Shortcake Baskets

We had weather in the fifties today which made us giddy for spring. We went to the park and played for most of the afternoon. After hours of swinging, sliding, and running we started our walk back home. As we made our way through the neighborhood the local grilling bug bit us as it flew through on the tail of a delicious smelling smoke cloud. We hurried out and picked up some steaks and veggies for the grill. Joseph fired up the grill for the first time this year and got to work. While he was grilling I decided to try out a baking pan I recently received from my aunt and my grandmother.
It bakes cakes in the shape of little baskets and makes the perfect little shortcake bottoms. This pan worked perfectly for individual-sized portions - and we already know everyone loves that. They were as fun to bake as they were to eat and they were so easy to assemble. I'll be anxious to try this out again so that I can decorate them and use them as Easter Baskets.

I used this recipe for the spongecake - which made exactly one pan of cakes - how perfect!

Posts You Might Enjoy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...