Friday, July 04, 2008

Marinated Chicken Skewers

We didn't have any big plans for our Fourth of July this year but I still wanted our day to feel festive so I put together a little barbecue for my husband and son. With barely more than an hour to get things ready I quickly threw some boneless skinless chicken thighs in a lemony marinade. As that worked I got a little corn on the cob, watermelon, and lemonade ready for the table. At the last minute I threaded the chicken onto skewers and had my husband grill them off.
The chicken turned out even better than I expected since it only had about 30-40 minutes to marinate. It was tender, moist, and flavorful. We ate them right off the skewers and even my two year old seemed impressed with his chicken on a stick!

Lemony Chicken Skewers

2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
3 lemons
2 Tablespoons olive oil
salt
pepper
Cut chicken thighs into strips (cut across the grain for a better result) and place in a large ziploc bag. (I was able to get about 4 strips out of each thigh.) Cut lemons in half and squeeze juice onto chicken. Place lemon rind in bag as well. Drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper (about 1-2 teaspoons of each). Close ziploc and turn/flip/massage chicken and lemon for a minute or until things look evenly distributed.
After an hour thread chicken on soaked skewers and grill until cooked through. Ours took about 6-8 minutes. Cooking time depends on how big your thighs are and how thick you cut your chicken strips.

Posts You Might Enjoy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...