Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Berries on Deck - Frozen Yogurt

I have an urge to grow things. I think it stemmed from growing up on a farm and watching my own parents grow and create things where nothing stood before. I have good (hmm, and some bad, come to think of it!) memories of helping out around the farm. Picking berries and eating cucumbers straight off the vine are a couple of my fondest. So it only seems natural to grow things around my house, wherever I can find a plot of soil that isn't already taken, in goes something. Last year I buried a few raspberry and blackberry roots around the deck in hopes of a few tasty berries. Well, as you can see, the picking has begun!
If you can get your hands on a few cups of tasty berries try this ice cream out. Maybe I will have enough of my own berries to try this out next year. Until then I'll have to use the store bought variety.

Strawberry Frozen Yogurt
this is a simpler/faster version of this frozen yogurt from David Lebovitz

1 pound strawberries, rinsed and hulled
2/3 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon vodka (optional)
1 cup plain whole milk yogurt
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice

Throw everything in a blender and let it go for a few minutes. Chill in the fridge for an hour or two if you have time or just throw it in the ice cream maker like I do. Place in the freezer overnight to harder.

Posts You Might Enjoy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...