Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Fresh Panzanella

We finally have fresh tomatoes to go with the fresh basil from our garden. Today I made a quick and easy panzanella for my lunch. I toasted up some day old bread under the broiler with olive oil, salt, pepper, basil, and a little oregano. Then I diced up the tomato and added basil, fresh mozzarella, and some seasonings. I tossed it all together with a little balsamic vinegar. What a fresh, tasty, and healthy lunch. I think it definitely tastes great alone but even better knowing that I grew some of the ingredients that went into it!!

Panzanella-serves 1
1 cup toasted bread (I drizzle 2 slices of hearty bread with olive oil and broil until toasty and brown)
1 large tomato, cubed
2 oz. fresh mozzarella, cubed
basil
balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper

Toss cread, tomato, and cheese in a medium bowl.  Drizzle with balsamic vinegar, add a bit of basil, and season with salt and pepper.  Enjoy!

Posts You Might Enjoy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...