Thursday, September 13, 2012

Sweet Corn with Spinach and Egg

I have another super simple egg recipe for you today.  This one uses fresh sweet corn and spinach.  I bought half a dozen ears of corn from a farm stand and then boiled all of them for a few minutes.  I cut all of the kernels off into a bowl and then I stored it in the fridge and used it to make quick and easy breakfast or lunch dishes throughout the week.   Prepping ingredients in advance and making quick dishes helps me to eat healthy even when in a hurry to get the kids off to school on time.  This is one of my new favorite breakfast dishes.

Sweet Corn with Spinach and Egg
3/4 cup fresh corn kernels
1 cup spinach leaves
1 egg
1 T butter
salt and pepper

In a small sauté pan add a pat of butter and melt.  Add corn and spinach and cook until spinach is wilted and corn is heated through.  Season with salt and pepper and then transfer to a small plate.  Wipe pan with paper towel if desired and add a second small pat of butter and fry egg.  Place cooked egg on top of corn mixture and season with salt and pepper.  Serve with toasted pita bread.

Posts You Might Enjoy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...