Monday, May 13, 2013

Muesli

Muesli is another great option for a make ahead breakfast that is portable and perfect to eat on the go.  The first time I made this I was skeptical about the cold soaked oats and I was about halfway into it before I started to enjoy it.  These days, though, I actually look forward to it and start to crave it when I know I have one prepared and waiting for me.  I layer mine with yogurt, fruit, and granola in the morning like a parfait.  Stewed berries would also make a nice addition and I will be trying it soon.
 Muesli

1/3 cup rolled oats
1/3 cup apple juice (or other mild juice)
plain yogurt
fruit, fresh or dried
granola or toasted nuts

Combine oats and juice in a bowl or jar and let soak at least 4 hours or overnight in the fridge.  Top with a generous amount of yogurt, fruit, and nuts.  Add a drizzle of honey, if desired.

*I make three or four jars at a time and keep them in the fridge.  They easily keep for a couple of days.  I top them with yogurt and fruit once the oats are soaked sufficiently.   I add the granola just before eating.
*You can make them smaller or larger, just remember to mix equal parts oats and juice.

Posts You Might Enjoy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...