Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Happy 1st Birthday, Baby!

My son, Gabriel, turns one tomorrow!!!! Here is a sneak peek at his cake. I'm making another one for the big party on Saturday. This one is a super mini-version since I'm going to let him eat it all by himself...it should be interesting.

Baking and Decorating the Monkey Cake:
For the monkey cake I used a boxed cake mix and baked it in an oven-safe glass bowl. (That took about half of the mix.) The rest of the batter was poured into a cupcake tin. I'm not sure about times...I just kept testing with toothpicks until they came out clean. Obviously, the cupcakes took much less time than the bowl did, so I had to be careful.
I used one cupcake split down the middle for the ears. It worked out perfectly...plus we had extra cupcakes to munch on during the day. Oh, and the chocolate coloring was just cocoa added to the frosting.

Posts You Might Enjoy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...