Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!

Off to do the dishes. I'll be back later to share the menu from today.
Okay, so it's been a couple of days since Thanksgiving and we have recovered enough to write about it. The actual preparation was much easier than I had anticipated. My 11 month old actually cooperated enough for me to get many things prepped the day before so Thanksgiving morning was very smooth. We even made it to the gym and back with plenty of time to spare. Our menu was: Herb Roasted Turkey with Sausage Stuffing (inside and out), mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberry sauce, acorn squash, peas, pumpkin pie, cherry pie, and chocolate covered peanut clusters.
A day ahead I was able to toast the bread cubes and cook the sausage/vegetable mixture for the stuffing. Make the pies and chocolate covered peanuts. I also made the cranberry sauce as well as made stock for gravy from purchased turkey wings. Finally I mixed a stick of butter with some sage, rosemary, and thyme for the turkey. The day of Thanksgiving, I stuffed the bird and inserted the herb butter between the skin and on the outside. I also made the mashed potatoes, as well as baked the squash and the stuffing. We had a very nice meal...of all the things on the table, Gabriel liked the peas the best. Wouldn't you know it...the only thing that didn't take any effort at all! We did end up with lots of leftovers since there were just the three of us so I made turkey paninis the next day.

Posts You Might Enjoy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...