Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Lemon Icebox Pie

This fun little dessert was based on the lemon icebox pie recipe in my latest library loaned cookbook The Magnolia Bakery. Actually, I just looked at the picture in the book and went from there. I also wanted to use my ring molds from the chocolate cakes I made last month and this seemed like a good candidate. These turned out so tasty and they really reminded me of my favorite dessert Key Lime Pie. They were extremely easy to put together and just the right size.

Lemon Icebox Pie

1 cup graham cracker crumbs
3 T butter
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup lemon curd
3/4 cup whipped cream (cool whip works)
garnishes : blueberries, mint, raspberry or blackberry sauce, or lemons

Melt butter in a small pan. Add sugar and crumbs, mix thoroughly. Line ring molds with parchment paper and then pat 1/3 of crumb mixture into each mold. Bake at 350 degrees for 6-7 minutes. While that cools fold whipped cream into prepared lemon curd. When crusts are cooled, divide cream mixture between the three molds and smooth surface. Place in freezer for 30-60 minutes. Remove, garnish, and serve cold.

Technorati Tags:, , , ,
Generated By Technorati Tag Generator

Posts You Might Enjoy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...