Thursday, March 22, 2007

Super Easy Pasta


Today I hauled out a bunch of stuff to make lunch for Gabe and myself. I was in the mood for pasta so I started the pot of water boiling and went through the cupboards for inspiration. I wasn't too inspired so I pulled out a bag of leftover veggies from last night, some chicken stock, etc. The last thing I pulled out was a container of baby mozzarella balls and the bang! I was inspired. I put back everything I had pulled out and was left with just two things - the cheese and fresh basil. Just pasta, mozzarella, cheese, and a little olive oil. Oh boy...it was terrific. Gabe loved it and I had seconds - but that's just my little secret.
Bowties with Fresh Basil and Bocconcini
1/2 lb pasta - I used bowties but I'm sure anything would work
1 cup fresh baby mozzarella balls
2 T fresh basil - chopped
3-4 T olive oil
salt
pepper
Place cheese, 1 T fresh basil, salt, pepper, and 2 T olive oil in a container. Shake to combine and set aside. Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain pasta and drop in mozzarella mixture. Stir in additional basil. Add extra olive oil, salt, and pepper as desired. Enjoy.

Posts You Might Enjoy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...