Monday, April 30, 2007

Fluffy Eggs

I know, I know, it has been a little quiet around here. I have been playing nursemaid for the past couple of weeks though...does that count as a good excuse? First off my son had tubes put in his ears two weeks ago...he came through it like a champ though. He was all smiles within 5 minutes of coming out of the anesthesthia. My husband, on the other hand, had surgery on Friday and it took hours and hours for him to really come out of it. He is hobbling around and trying to recover.
I've been trying to keep up with everything so I've had limited time to cook.  I've been keeping is easy and made omelets for lunch the other day.  I saw an episode of Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives where the cook put his eggs in the blender and whirred them around before cooking them.  I gave it a try and it did make a fluffier omelet.
 Fluffy Omelet
3 eggs
1/4 c milk
salt and pepper

Place ingredients in blender and turn on high for 30-60 seconds or until foamy and light in color.  Melt 1 t butter in small skillet.  Cook eggs until set and flip if desired.  Grate cheese over half and add any other desired fillings.  Fold over and serve.

Posts You Might Enjoy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...