Monday, August 13, 2007

Wild Canadian Walleye Shoreside


It has been over a week since returning home, however I am just now getting back into the swing of things. After much vacationing and traveling I am craving some time to relax. This summer has been so packed with weddings, showers, trips, and outings that I am truly looking forward to fall and all it has to offer.

This simple lunch of fried potatoes, baked beans, and freshly caught walleye was one of the highlights of our Canadian fishing experience. Everyone gets excited about the prospect of catching fish, cleaning them riverside, and cooking them up for lunch. I think it makes us feel like pioneers living off of the land. That is a good thing in our book!

The one gripe that I have with our annual shore lunch is that my father, a lovable guy - always insists that I be the one to cook everything...yet he directs my every move. "Get the fire started." "That's not enough wood." "You need more oil in there." "I like my potatoes crispy." "Flip those fish." "Move that pan over to the other side."
He claims to love shore lunches...somehow I think that he loves giving me a hard time even more!

Posts You Might Enjoy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...