Thursday, November 15, 2007

Pumpkin Bread

A friend of mine made this wonderfully moist, flavorful bread the other day and she was kind enough to send me the link to the recipe. It comes right from the Libby's Pumpkin site...these people know what to do with their pumpkin! I love this bread because it stays moist and tasty for days...but don't count on having it around very long. I made a mock Thanksgiving dinner the other night since I won't be making one of my own this year and I used this bread in place of pumpkin pie (which I made last week!) It worked really well for dessert, but I especially liked it for breakfast with a cup of tea. This recipe will be staying around and I don't think I'll even bother putting it in the recipe box until after Christmas.
I'm reposting it here but you can see the original here.
Pumpkin Cranberry Bread

3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
3 cups granulated sugar
1 can (15 ounces) 100% Pure Pumpkin
4 large eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup orange juice or water
1 cup sweetened dried, fresh or frozen cranberries (I made one loaf with dried and the second loaf (pictured) has some of each - dried and fresh cranberries.)

Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease and flour two 9 x 5-inch loaf pans. Combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Combine sugar, pumpkin, eggs, oil and juice in large mixer bowl; beat until just blended. Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in cranberries. Spoon batter into prepared loaf pans. Bake for 60 to 65 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

Posts You Might Enjoy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...