Sunday, January 13, 2008

Chorizo Hash

We felt like something a little different this morning so I went for this chorizo hash. I don't usually have chorizo, a spicy mexican sausage, around so I knew it would definitely change up our usual breakfast fare. We really liked this combination of sausage, green peppers, onions, and potatoes. I enjoyed mine with a generous amount of ketchup, but if you're like my husband you'll like it as is.



Chorizo Hash

1/4 cup crumbled chorizo
1 1/2 cups diced potato
1/2 diced onion
1/2 diced green bell peppers
salt and pepper to taste

Choose a large skillet and place a pat of butter and a swirl of oil to the pan. On medium heat add the chorizo, stir occasionally until browned. Add remaining ingredients and cook until tender 7-10 minutes. Season to taste and serve with eggs and toast.

Posts You Might Enjoy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...