Friday, January 18, 2008

Puffed Pancake and Raspberry Sauce

Here is another new breakfast item that Gabe and I enjoyed today. We made a basic puffed pancake, this recipe was found in my good, old, reliable, Better Homes and Garden cookbook. Then we made this killer raspberry sauce. It is very simple, but it really amped up the flavor of the pancake. It's just a combination of water, sugar, cornstarch, raspberries, and jam. I think this would make a to-die-for cheesecake topping or belgian waffle topping. I have extras so I'll be thinking of a yummy way to use it up.

Raspberry Sauce
(I winged it...so this is just a starting point)
2/3 cup water
2 T sugar
1/2 T cornstarch
1/2 c fresh or frozen raspberries
1 heaping Tablespoon raspberry jam

Heat sugar, cornstarch, and water in a small saucepan. Stir constantly to avoid lumps once the cornstarch begins to work. Allow to boil for a minute or two to completely dissolve the cornstarch. Turn heat down to low and add jam. Stir to dissolve and then add raspberries. Stir until just combined.

Posts You Might Enjoy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...