Monday, January 21, 2008

Leftover Raspberry Sauce

We used up half of the leftover raspberry sauce on pancakes this weekend and the other half was used to top these lovely key lime cheesecakes that Gabe and I made. I'll have to wait awhile before I make another batch of that raspberry sauce because I like it so much that I can't bear to see it go to waste. So after finding ways of using it up this weekend we need to take a break from the sweet stuff.
Key Lime Pie happens to be one of my top favorites so this cheesecake was right up my alley. It's a pretty basic recipe and the crust was just a combination of graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter...no measuring was done, and never is, so you may want to play around with it to find what you like.

Key Lime Cheesecake - This made 3 medium and 3 small individual cheesecakes
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 Tablespoons key lime juice
1 egg

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese and sugar, beatthe two until smooth. Add vanilla and key lime juice and beat well. Add egg, beating until just combined.
I used ring molds for mine and put a strip of parchment paper inside first. Then I layered the crumbs and then cheesecake filling. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20-30 minutes depending on the size of your cheesecakes(the cheesecake should still jiggle a little in center).
Turn off oven and leave cheesecake undisturbed for 30 minutes. Remove cheesecake from oven and cool to room temperature on wire rack. Refrigerate several hours before serving.
Enjoy with raspberry sauce or whipped cream.

Posts You Might Enjoy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...