Monday, February 08, 2010

Appetizing Dinner

The other night I felt like grazing...no heavy meal needed. We had gone out to lunch, so I wanted something light and easy for dinner. I made shrimp scampi for my some, a variety plate for my daughter with all her favorites, and crostini and a ratatouille-type dish for my husband and myself. It was different and fun. Everyone was happy and it wasn't much work.

Ratatouille with a Baked Egg
I only made two small portions, but this could easily be doubled or tripled.

Large dice:
1/2 zucchini
1/2 red onion
1/2 red pepper
1/2 green pepper
1 large tomato
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
salt
pepper
1 tsp chopped rosemary
2 eggs
Heat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and spread all vegetables out on tray. Drizzle with olive oil and seaaon with salt, pepper, and rosemary. Roast for 25 minutes. Place half of the vegetables in each greased ramekin. Make a depression in the middle of each ramekin. Crack one egg in each dish. Bake for an additional 12 minutes or until egg is set. Serve with toasted baguette.

Posts You Might Enjoy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...