Monday, June 17, 2013

Bistro Burgers

A couple of weeks ago I stocked up on a variety of meats that I could portion and prep for easy weeknight meals. I tried to focus on cuts that I could grill up easily and serve with a side of rice or vegetables.  I cut and portioned out pork chops, bone in chicken breasts, sausages, chicken thighs and drumsticks, and these bistro burgers.
The bistro burgers came about because I had bought a pound of ground pork and a pound of ground beef that day.  I didn't know what I was going to do with them when I picked them up at the store but once I got home I decided to mix them together in the same way that I mix up meatballs.  This time I skipped the parmesan and opted for cheddar cheese instead and I ended up with some terrifically flavorful and juicy burgers.  I was able to get 8 good-sized burgers, just enough for two meals.  I portioned them and froze them in a single layer,  but they did not stay in the freezer long at all.  Everyone enjoyed the first package so much that we ate the second package just 3 days later.  I'm going to pick up more ground meat tomorrow just so that I can stock the freezer with more juicy burgers!
Bistro Burgers

1 pound ground beef (85%lean)
1 pound ground pork
2 slices bread, cut into very small cubes
1 egg
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup onion, minced
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, freshly grated
2 tablespoons parsley, minced
salt and pepper

Mix all ingredients together until well combined.  Portion into 8 burgers.   Shape and cook immediately or place in single layers in desired number of ziplock bags and freeze flat.  Defrost in refrigerator overnight and grill as desired.

Posts You Might Enjoy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...