Monday, July 10, 2006

Chicken and Roasted Vegetable Couscous

When Joseph and I started our little health kick I noticed many recipes that called for couscous. I wasn't entirely thrilled with any of them, but I was interested in couscous as a substitute for pastas and rice. Here I've used couscous with roasted vegetables and chicken. I've made this a few times now and I keep changing it a little each time. This rendition was the best yet.

Chicken and Roasted Vegetable Couscous
1 large red bell pepper
1 zuchinni
1 large onion
2 tomatoes
3 carrots

1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
2 cloves garlic - minced
2 chicken breasts - cubed
2 sprigs rosemary
olive oil
salt and pepper

Chop all vegetable into 1 inch pieces. Lay on a large cookie sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper, and 1 sprig of rosemary. Toss and bake at 400 degrees for about 20-30 minutes or until slightly tender. Cook chicken and remaining rosemary in a skillet or saucepan on medium heat until cooked through. Remove chicken and cook couscous per package directions. Toss everything together in a large bowl. (In my case, I used the same pan for everything to minimize clean-up.)

I really liked the flavor of the rosemary in this dish. Another spin on this dish is to omit the rosemary and add in a couple of minced serrano peppers...this was good but left my mouth burning!

Posts You Might Enjoy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...