Thursday, November 01, 2012

Oatmeal with Coconut Milk and Caramelized Pineapple

I make oatmeal pretty often and enjoy it in a variety of forms.  I have been known to stir in a bit of peanut butter and jelly or top it with nuts, raisins, cinnamon, and a splash of milk...always good, but it's always a treat to add another flavor combination to the rotation.
I used what I had in the fridge to create this delicious new-to-me combination of coconut milk, pineapple, and muscovado sugar.  Oh my, talk about delicious!!  I hope you'll give it a try!

Oatmeal with Coconut Milk and Caramelized Pineapple  - serves 1
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 T sugar
1/4 t salt
1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1/4 cup pineapple chunks
1 T muscovado sugar or brown sugar

Bring the water and coconut milk to a boil.  Add 1 T sugar, salt, and oats.  Cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until oats are cooked.  Pour oat mixture into a small bowl.  Rinse pan, if necessary, add pineapple chunks and muscovado sugar and sauté quickly over medium high heat until sugar melts and pineapple is warm. Pour over oatmeal.  Add a splash of milk if desired.
Look who snuck in after the photo shoot to gobble up the warm oatmeal!  

Posts You Might Enjoy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...