Thursday, December 13, 2012

Martha Knows Pancakes


The kids love pancakes and I alternate between two recipes...I don't know why...but my son loves these and I like the others.   If I mention pancakes he'll always ask "Are you going to make the good ones?" and these are the ones he's referring too.  Funny how everyone has a preference.  Don't get me wrong, these taste light and fluffy and are a breeze to make.  I do like them...I like them even better the second day toasted in the toaster and then smeared with peanut butter and jelly to be exact.

Buttermilk Pancakes
adapted from marthastewart.com
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 t salt
3 Tbsp sugar
2 eggs - beaten
3 cups buttermilk
4 Tbsp butter, melted

Heat the griddle on medium heat.  Whisk the dry ingredients in a large bowl.  Add the eggs, buttermilk, and butter to dry ingredients.  Whisk to combine, do not over mix, lumps are fine.  Oil griddle, or melt a small pat of butter and then brush it around the griddle with a pastry brush to coat.  Pour pancake batter onto griddle with a 1/2 cup measuring cup (or eyeball it like I do) and cook until bubbles appear and edges are dry, 2-2/12 minutes and then flip.  Cook 1 additional minute.

If you like crisp edges use more oil or butter between each batch so there is enough to slightly fry the pancakes.

Posts You Might Enjoy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...