Monday, April 15, 2013

Hot Ham & Cheese Sandwiches

This tasty sandwich is a breeze to put together but it feels dressed up enough to serve for a get together with friends or family.  The first time I made these I followed this recipe for ham and cheese sliders, but I used mini potato rolls.  They were amazing!  They were warm and nicely crisp on the bottoms and they were perfect for our playgroup lunch.  I think the mini version would also make a great 2-3 bite appetizer.  My only problem was that they were not filling enough, so I used torta bread that I had bought from Costco to make a quick sandwich for my lunch the next day.  It was so delicious, much more filling, and it really hit the spot.  I think an entire tray of these would be the perfect food for our next game day meal.
Hot Ham & Cheese Sandwiches
serves 4

4 torta sandwich rolls
12 slices deli ham
4-8 slices swiss cheese
mayonnaise or miracle whip
3 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
2 teaspoons poppy seeds
1-2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce

Line a large baking sheet with foil.  Cut rolls and place bottoms side by side on sheet pan.  Layer the meat and cheese on each roll.  Spread miracle whip or mayo (or a combo of the two like the original recipe) on the inside of the tops and place on rolls.  Melt butter in a small saucepan (or microwave in a pyrex measuring cup) and then whisk in remaining ingredients.  Brush butter mixture over the tops of each of the sandwiches, you do not need to use all of it, and then cover tray with foil.  Bake for 350° for 15 minutes.  Uncover and bake another 5 minutes.  Serve with napkins!

Posts You Might Enjoy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...